Re: [IEEE1904.1] Task Force 4 (TF4) members

Dear Task Force 4 (TF4) members,

Just a few items since sending the email announcing the upcoming Task Force 4 meeting.

Communications:

I was originally asked to solicit participation of the 1904.1 Working Group and then send Task Force meeting notices to those which signed up to participate.  I received some input today from a member that wanted the requests to include the entire working group.  So I am sending this email and those to follow to the entire reflector.

Agenda Adjustment:

We will plan to suspend the open discussion item regarding the use of OAM and OMCI until the face to face.  So this item has been removed from the agenda, I would like to provide a new agenda and also ask that the members of the task force please be provide comments and be prepared to discuss the Task Force 4 Feature Scrub list (see attached) So about item #26, please provide comments but we will wait on this discussion until the F2F.  By removing item number #26 as a discussion topic from the call we should have more time to review the other features assigned to us at the face to face, again please let me know your thoughts on item #26, but we will wait on discussing the item.  If anyone is concerned with this approach please let me know, we most certainly have time to make adjustments as we are about a month out from the next face to face.

New Agenda for First Call

1)     Call for patents

2)     Introduction

3)     Open Discussion on Common Goals of the Task Force

4)     Review of features (see excel and comments collected between now and the first meeting will be issued before the meeting for us to review)

5)     Additional features?

Assignment for First Call (borrowed from TF1 and TF2)

1)     create a copy of the Original_TF4 sheet and rename it with your initials or your name.

2)     Enter a description for what you feel each feature means – 1-2 sentences, and/or perhaps a use case.

3)     Attempt to fill in columns D-H for each feature.

4)     Return the file to me

Thanks,

Mike