[1904.2 TF] FW: Blog Post for IEEE 1904.2 Standard

FYI

From: Olivia Wang <wang.x@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 2:40 PM
To: Glen Kramer <glen.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jennifer Santulli <j.santulli@xxxxxxxx>; jennifergoforthgregory@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Blog Post for IEEE 1904.2 Standard

Hi Glen,

Below are the main questions we would like to go through on our call tomorrow:

  • What problems/challenges related to device management led to the creation of the standard?
  • How does the performance of subscriber access networks affect consumers/users?
  • What benefits are seen from network operator being able to manage a variety of devices in access network or in subscriber premises in a uniform and consistent way?
  • What role does remote device management play in the standard?
  • Can you explain how virtual link controls work?
  • Let’s talk about use cases for this standard.
  • How do future trends and changes impact virtual link controls and standard IEEE 1904.2?
  • Anything else that we haven’t talked about?

Please feel free to share them with your team to help prepare. Talk soon.

Regards,

Olivia