[1904-ANWG] NesCom comments on P1904.4 PAR

Dear ANWG members,

We have received two (so far) comments from NesCom members on our draft PAR 1904.4:

Comment #1:

NesCom Convention 5 states in part "For references to other standards within the Scope and Purpose fields, the number, title, date (if appropriate), and source of the referenced standards shall be listed in the Additional Explanatory Notes field." Please provide the information requested on the standards listed in the Scope and Purpose.

Comment #2:

Is this new project P1904.4 an extension of the same system-level ideas of P1904.1 onto a new speed PHY? If so, should P1904.1 be mentioned in the PAR, e.g, in Section 7.1?

I think both comments are reasonable and I plan to ask the NesCom administrator to make the following changes to the PAR:

1)      Section 7.1:

a)      Change to Yes.

b)      Add the following explanation:
IEEE Std 1904.1�-2017 Standard for Service Interoperability in Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (SIEPON) has a similar scope, but it covers 1G-EPON and 10G-EPON architectures. The new standard will cover 25G-EPON and 50G-EPON architectures and, in addition to increased data rates, will specify system-level functions necessary to support multi-channel operation with channel bonding, new bandwidth allocation methods, and new logical link provisioning.

2)      Section 8.1

a)      Add the following text:
Section 5.2 references the following standards:
IEEE Std 802.3â?¢-2018, IEEE Standard for Ethernet.
IEEE Std 802.1Qâ?¢-2018, IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Network--Bridges and Bridged Networks

3)      Add â??Qâ?? to â??IEEE 802.1â?¢ in section 5.2

We donâ??t need to conduct a WG vote on these changes since our PAR approval motion in March has anticipated such NesCom comments and gave the chair the license to implement any changes necessary.

But I would like to get a quick thumbs up/thumbs down feedback from the WG members anyway.

Thank you,

-Glen