[IEEE1904.1] Call for participation in TF3

Dear Working Group Members

This e-mail is an announcement of call for participation in TF3.
If you have interests to TF3's issue (Service Survivability) and intention to join to TF3, please contact me.

Regards,

Seiji Kozaki (Chair of TF3)

Glen Kramer さんは書きました:
Dear Working Group Members,

Our next meeting is just six and a half weeks away. At the next meeting we need to finalize the exact charter of each task force, that is to review and agree on a list of features that each task force must address. We also will begin reviewing specific technical proposals for such features and voting them in or out as our baseline solutions.

As you may remember, at the last meeting we have produced a broad list of features (see the spreadsheet sent to member-only reflector on February 10, 2010). The list in a sense is all inclusive, as a single opinion was enough to get a feature on the list. This was mostly done to have a broad view on what features we may have and how to divide these features into a manageable number of topics (task forces) in a logical way. We still need to make sure we have not missed any critical features. For that, anyone who wishes to add a new feature to the list, needs to: - Review other specifications that EPON operators use or expect to use
      (WT-200, G.987.1, MEF, DOCSIS, operator's or national specs)
   - Show how operators' service model or the above specs require the proposed feature
      (I expect operators will be driving this, more than vendors)

Having this broad list would ensure that we are not missing anything critical. But these features need 75% WG support to stay on the list. Narrowing down the list and reaffirming or clarifying these features is the immediate task for the task forces.
I suggest that the task forces pass each feature through the filtering test like the one shown in slide 2 in http://www.ieee1904.org/1/private/contributions/2010_02/siepon_1002_closing.pdf.
The important thing to remember is that our scope is limited to OLT-to-ONU interoperability.

With this e-mail, I am asking Task Force chairs to a) issue call of participation in their TF (on our public reflector) b) based on demographics obtained in step (a), and in coordination with other TF chairs, determine times for your conf call. c) Conduct conference calls to start building consensus regarding which features shall be the focus for the TF and begin discussing specific technical solutions for these features.
Please, remember that time of call should not discriminate against any particular participant or group of participants. You may decide to split your calls into two for different time zones, or have a rotating schedule.

Thank you,
Glen