From: stds-1904-4-tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <stds-1904-4-tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Glen Kramer
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2023 14:16
To: STDS-1904-4-TF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Initial draft of Security clause

Dear colleagues,

For our next meeting, that is coming on June 13th, I have uploaded a draft of clause 11 (Security-oriented mechanisms). It is available here:

https://www.ieee1904.org/4/meeting_archive/2023/06/tf4_2306_kramer_1_clause11.pdf

This document is mostly an outline with a few sub-clauses filled. Here are the main parts:

11  Security-oriented mechanisms

11.1        Introduction

11.2        Overview of SIEPON.4 security architecture

11.3        ONU authentication

11.4        Data encryption and integrity protection

11.5        Encryption key management

11.6        Physical protection of security data in the ONU

11.1 is completed and needs a review

11.2 is mostly completed (one sub-section remains). Needs review, especially the section 11.2.1

11.3 – contains the ONU Authentication text copied from DPoE SEC2.0. This section needs to be re-written completely.

11.4 – empty, but I have a good idea what to write there. Will work on it for the next meeting

11.5 – empty, but I have a good idea what to write for sub-sections 11.5.2 – 11.5.7. Somebody needs to take ownership of section 11.5.1 to describe the initial SAK exchange using EAPOL-MKA.

11.6 – completed and needs a serious review.

I am sharing this now so that others have a chance to review it and maybe even suggest corrections and improvements before the meeting.

Feel free to start the discussion on this reflector, if needed.

Thank you,

Glen